WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today released its 2023-2026 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) Strategic Plan (PDF, 3.28 MB), marking the agency’s first comprehensive strategy to incorporate a culture of DEIA principles as a foundational element of its daily work. This effort is consistent with the USCIS core value to champion people, and the recently released USCIS FY 2023-2026 Strategic Plan (PDF, 6.81 MB), in which the agency made a commitment to invest in the workforce by promoting a DEIA culture.
“As an agency that interacts with and welcomes individuals from across the world into a nation that values diversity and equal opportunity, it’s important that we commit to these same principles for the USCIS workforce,” said USCIS Director Ur M. Jaddou. “This plan reaffirms our commitment to strengthening a culture of DEIA within USCIS, where our employees are respected and included. We’re proud to join this government-wide effort to cultivate a dedicated workforce that is reflective of the United States.”
The DEIA Strategic Plan is the result of collaboration among employees from across the agency, including our union partners. The plan features six primary goals:
- Leadership Engagement – Leaders model and champion DEIA consistently.
- Diversity – Attract and build a representative workforce at all levels of the organization.
- Equity – Foster an equitable workplace to ensure employees have the resources they need to succeed.
- Inclusion – Nurture a culture that prioritizes inclusivity and belonging.
- Accessibility – Modernize infrastructures to build and sustain an accessible environment—physically, mentally, and technologically.
- Safer Workplace – Maintain a safe and respectful workplace.
Focusing on DEIA in the workforce is not just a USCIS goal, it is a government-wide priority. President Biden’s Executive Order on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce (EO 14035) advances the development of a federal workforce that reflects the full diversity of the nation and advances employment opportunities for all, including individuals from historically underrepresented communities.
For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit uscis.gov or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Official news published at https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/uscis-releases-new-strategic-plan-aimed-at-strengthening-a-diverse-workforce